- I do more Park Connector Network type of terrain
- My distances are < 30km in one ride
- I ride with family and friends maximum 2 -3 times a week
- Budget is a concern
- I weigh less than 105kg
- Read this for what you can get for S$500
Ans: A 11 speeds (or less) foldable bike!
- I plan to commute to work via MRT or Bus
- I have shower facilities at the office
Ans: 16 or 18 inch foldable makes better sense for compact stowage and opt for lightweight (less than 10 kg) if you have many instances of carrying up and down
- I do >30km distances in a day every day
- I love doing RIs and Century rides
- I love keeping up with Roadies but I do enjoy rides with my kid(s) and partners who tend to cycle slower
Ans: Opt for minimum 18 speed foldable with drop bars (straight bars are fine too)
- A low budget gets you so -so components that will deteriorate faster over usage
- A higher budget gets you better components and designs that last you longer
- The lighter it is, the more expensive it becomes
Ans: Dollars and sense matter but NOT the best place to start to select a bike (Do read our full guide)
What if I weigh more than 105kg?
Ans: We have a good option – Swifty Scooters that carry up to 150 kg. If you cover less than 8km, this item will build strong core muscles and help you lose weight
You must be logged in to post a comment.